Wednesday, April 27, 2016

A Sweet Farewell

This semester turned to be a really great one, I didn’t have many expectations for this class honestly. To start off I wasn’t to happy about having to use Twitter and actually post on there. I despised it so much, I could not figure out why we would be using this app. After talking to a few of the guest speakers we had the past few weeks I realized how Twitter could help us. It is such an easy way to find people in our future professions and connect with them. I was taken away when Adam Taylor talked to us about how he started this scientist chat. I love science it is absolutely my favorite subject I would have enjoyed this in my past years of middle and high school. Having kids communicate and video chat with actual scientist takes learning to a whole different level and makes it exciting.


Learning about the wonders of Google was eye opening, like I said before I had no idea there was so much to it. Google docs especially was a lifesaver when it came to papers this term. Such a fast way to get your bibliography, quotes, anything related to your topic in just one click. I haven’t even used PowerPoint I stuck with Google slides. Another app I still use is Evernote I cannot write too fast without struggling to read it later. Taking notes in my other classes was a breeze since I was able to record them speaking. It is simple, quick and easy note taking  and I will continue using it until I am done with school.
Who could ever forget about Zookazam? Definitely not me, this is one of the most memorable apps that we went over. How could you not love having an animal pop up in your hand or on your desk! It has been the best entertainment for my soon to be 5 year old, he loves this app so much and of course always steals my grass pad. When it comes to growing my PLN it was rough at the start I didn’t know what to do or how to get it started. After hearing the guest speakers and the chapter readings I was able to get  a better understanding. Now I follow quite a few groups and professionals in the Forensic field, I also had 2 request from people in the field which was exciting.

The thing that will stick with me that we went over in this course is social media etiquette. I did not know how important it was and that it even existed in technology. This is the prime reason people get fired for pure stupidity. Along with that keeping in my mind that we leave digital footprints. With every post, picture, tweet, and video we upload to social media will always be there and even if deleted we can still find it.



1 comment:

  1. It was nice having you in our group this semester. Please share photo of our group with me. A agree with you 100% the tools we learned these last few months will be with us for a long time. Good luck Steph. Keep your Posts coming they are different!

    ReplyDelete